If you want to start your day in the best possible way we recommend that you start your day with a big cup of lemon and warm water.
To put it in simple terms: lemon water flushes out toxins and is brilliant all round general health.
Lemon and warm water is a rich source of nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamin C and pectin fibre. It also has medicinal and antibacterial properties as well as containing traces of iron and vitamin A.
Here are just some health benefits you’ll get from starting your day with lemon and warm water. Also note, that you need the water to be warm - NOT boiling. By using boiling water you take away some of the nutrients and goodness from the lemon.
- Lemon is an excellent source of vitamin C, which protects the body against immune system deficiencies
- Lemon is full of pectin fibre which is beneficial for colon health and is also a powerful antibacterial
- It balances maintain the pH levels in the body
- Having warm lemon juice early in the morning will help you flush out toxins
- It aids digestion and encourages the production of bile
- Can help with weight loss
- It is also a great source citric acid, potassium, calcium, phosphorus and magnesium
- Great for skin and can help combat wrinkles and blemishes.
- It helps prevent the growth of bacteria that cause infections and diseases
- It helps reducing pain and inflammation in joints as it dissolves uric acid
- The potassium content in lemon will help nourish brain and nerve cells
- It strengthens the liver by providing energy to the liver enzymes when they are too dilute
- It helps balance the calcium and oxygen levels in the liver In case of a heart burn, taking a glass of concentrated lemon juice can give relief.
By starting your day with lemon and warm water, you’ll start to notice the cleansing and healing effects in no time.